Each decodable chapter book in the PAF Reading Series has a corresponding Teacher Edition. The purpose of the Teacher Edition is to model for teachers:
- How often to ask questions;
- Using higher level language when asking questions;
- Eliciting higher level language from students during discussions;
- Focusing on the main idea vs. details of each story; and
- Anticipating words or phrases that may cause confusion or comprehension difficulties.
The Teacher Edition is not meant to be a script but rather a guide. Questioning techniques should ultimately be determined by the needs of the students.