Stepping Up In Reading, Book 2 is the second in the series of three Stepping Up books. This book is coordinated with the Merrill Readers E & F or can be used independently with any reading program.
Book 2 covers the following topics:
- Initial blends (plant, truck, strong)
- Long vowels (brave, please, those)
- Open syllables (pretend), silent e syllables (athlete), r-controlled syllables (orbit), and vowel team syllables (reason)
- Suffixes est, ful, less, ly and y (cheapest, hopeful, completely)
- 35 non-phonetic words (could, their, where)
- Sentences focus on multiple meaning words and idioms