The Handwriting Program for Print is an excellent tool for teaching children how to write the letters of the alphabet while learning the letter names and sounds. The book contains:
- Both large and small letter models to be traced and copied.
- Large models which exaggerate the differences between letter forms (like r and n).
- Strategies for eliminating letter reversals.
- Names and symbols for each of the lines to help teach proper letter placement.
- A one-stroke method that prepares children for cursive writing and reduces reversals.
- Techniques for children to write and spell words as they learn to write new letters.